How you can help

Weekend crowding - Richmond StnKeep up the pressure on our elected leaders. Let them know that you want better, more frequent, more reliable public transport, and the reversal of the stupid decision not to include short-term, or one-trip, tickets as part of the Myki system .

Contact newspapers or radio

The Age — email or submit online or write to Letters Editor, Media House, 655 Collins Street, Docklands VIC 3008

Herald Sun —, submit online, or write to Letters to the Editor, Herald Sun, PO Box 14631, Melbourne 8001.

Or write to your local paper.

You can use the points on this web site, or in our books.

3AW radio: ring 9690 0693 or 13 13 32 (outside Melbourne).

ABC 774 radio: ring 1300 222 774. SMS 0437 774 774.

Contact state politicians

Contact the Public Transport Minister, Terry Mulder
Ministerial address:
GPO Box 2797
Melbourne VIC 3001
Phone: (03) 9655 6666

Contact the Opposition Public Transport Spokesperson, Jill Hennessy
Suite 603, Level 1
2 Main St
Point Cook VIC 3030
Phone: (03) 9395 0221

Write, ring, or better still, visit your local State MP.

Contact federal MPs

Contact your local federal MP to say you don’t support your money being used to provide Federal tax concessions for privately built freeways, or to fund new urban freeways.

Help the PTUA directly

If you are not already a member, please join. The PTUA relies entirely on members for funding.

If you can, please contact us and get involved in a campaign.

YOU can make a difference

Think you can’t make a difference? Remember that a small team of PTUA volunteers convinced the government to reverse their policy and fund all-night trains every New Year’s Eve.